Dr. Krumbeck (or “Dr. K” as her littlest patients call her) specializes in naturopathic pediatrics, treating children of all ages in the Missoula valley. A member of the Pediatric Association of Naturopathic Physicians, she offers a unique approach to solving your child’s health problems.
“I believe that healthcare should be more than just treating your child’s symptoms. This is why I take extra time to listen carefully so we can uncover the underlying cause. I offer safe, gentle and effective alternatives to medications to restore health naturally. I use a caring, collaborative approach to provide individualized treatment plans that work for your child and your family. I want your child to flourish!”
At Montana Whole Health we offer the following programs to optimize your child’s health:
- Better Health for Kids – for chronic or recurring health problems in children.
- Montana Whole Kids – preventive care for children
Visits every 2-6 weeks. Dr. Krumbeck offers a safe, gentle approach – personalizing treatment in collaboration with you and your child. Dr. Krumbeck believes that one-size-fits-all treatment is rarely effective, and can sometimes lead to more problems down the road. She finds that natural remedies that treat the whole person – though they may take longer – can often lead to restoration of health and permanent cure.
Well versed in conventional medicine, Dr. Krumbeck also works in cooperation with your child’s pediatrician or medical specialist. In addition to providing treatment, she takes time to explain your child’s diagnosis and will help you navigate the complex medical system.
- Common concerns in infancy: colic, reflux, failure to thrive
- Eczema, acne, diaper rash, ringworm, warts and other skin conditions
- Sleep problems, bed wetting, nightmares and night terrors
- Chronic or recurrent ear infections
- Frequent colds/illnesses
- Allergies and hay fever
- Growing pains
- Tummy troubles: belly aches, constipation, diarrhea, soiling
- Celiac disease, cystic fibrosis, lactose intolerance, and food allergies
- Growth problems
- ADHD and other behavior problems
- Anxiety, depression, childhood stress, bullying, PTSD, separation anxiety, eating disorders
- Bone and joint problems: Osgood Schlatter, Legg-Calve-Perthes disease, SCFE, Sever’s disease, scoliosis,
tendinitis, shin splints, sports injuries, juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and others…
- Childhood cancer
Visits according to the American Academy of Pediatrics well-child checkup schedule: 2, 4, 6, 9 months for the first year, then 12, 15, 18 months for the 2nd year of life. Annual visits thereafter. Children under 2 months of age can be seen for adjunctive care alongside a licensed midwife or pediatrician.
The Montana Whole Kids program is designed to optimize health for children and prevent the development of chronic disease as they become adults. Dr. Krumbeck knows that the foundation of good health begins in childhood, and that the best gift you could give your children is a lifetime of wellness. At these visits we will discuss nutrition, vaccinations, how to prevent common illnesses, developmental milestones, and what to expect in the months or year to come. Bring your questions to these visits and we will discuss your concerns in depth.
Children can be enrolled in the Better Health for Kids program simultaneously, and are welcome to come in any time for acute conditions (ear infections, illnesses, bumps/bruises, etc).